Sunday, October 29, 2006

Who's Smiling Now?

As God is My Witness, Paul Kelly Grinned!

Filed under: Reporting, GU Protest Continues, Op-Ed — Patricia Raswant at 5:02 pm on
Sunday, October 29, 2006

After bulldozing protestors and their tents at the Model Secondary School for the Deaf gate, I was not able to express my dismay-I was in shock since last Wednesday the 25th, not sure what I should say. But today, I know exactly what I must announce to the world.
Upon learning that some staff of the Physical Plant Department used their bulldozer to vamp the protestors and their tents at the MSSD gate and how the Department Public Safety officers once again assaulted the students, I dropped everything and was on my way to Gallaudet University. When I finally arrived, I saw how angry the students were but they mustered courage to control their rage and did not react. The students simply took back “Bison Mountains”-the MSSD gate. I was very proud of them.
Guess who showed up? Paul Kelly!
Guess what he did? He grinned!
Yes, I know you’d be angry! I was not angry at all but thoroughly disgusted by his attitude, so I walked up to him and asked,
PR: “Are you enjoying the entertainment here?”
PK: “Uhm, no, I am not.”
PR: “Really? Why did you grin?”
PK was taken aback and was speechless.
PR: “Why did you allow this to happen?”
PK: “We want to open the gates.”
PR: “You have one gate opened at the Sixth Street.”
PK continued speechless before he finally spoke up, “I don’t want to talk with you anymore.”
PR: “Of course, you don’t! Thank you!” I turned around and walked away from him. At that point, several people circled him signing furiously to him.
Because of my very first time atrocious encounter with Paul Kelly, I am past the point of a potential mediation between the administration and GUFSSA. Out IKJ, JKF, and PK must go!

Patricia (Patti) Raswant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home