Friday, October 27, 2006

Letter from Anthony Jones

This is Anthony Jones speaking. In my heart, I am loyal to MSSD. I understood the issues what is going on from DPN 1988 to now. First of all, speaking about wake up call and it is our future. I want to tell you that I have a hunch that that decison made for JKF to be president of Gallaudet was two steps ahead of us. We need to do better. It is not the speed of the body who get the position, it is the speed of the message that can function in the position. In other words, American is not ready Deaf Chrisopher Columbos, it is CC who found the land and in our society say "get in line." However, we are going through disillusion. In other words, too tiny and small to that overlooked unintentionally.

I give you an example, Sherri Collins who is a big lady for the Arizona Commssioner for the Deaf and Hard of hearing. She went through a lot of difficulty to get a bill to pass because attorneys wanted to interpret the law. "It may take your life time to pass a bill you desire."

I am going to be bluntly with the deaf population. "Do what you can do for your country, don't ask your country what they can do for you---JFK. Find a state move to one state and grow the population there and set up a private/Public univertsity for the deaf and hard of hearing like Clerc University. Then, you got your governor and senator who will "voice" for one as a whole. It may not be realistic, but tell you what Ali believes...." Impossible is Nothing.

DO Not give up the protest. Get demands, fundraising, and plan for the next President or i mentioned. Do not wait till the last minute. We are 9 to 1 on earth. Gotta work harder like I worked hard playing basketball because I want to play in the NBA, but I faced barriers as well as deaf students wanted a deaf president.

Build an organization for the future president like the NCAAP or NAD, but NAD focus on general. Or, get NAD to build another organization that can print newspapers, sign out program on fox or cbs. This will educate the community about our incentive.

For JKF supporters, I can say "Lucky." BE NICE TO The DEAF Community, please. I know how adamant this can be, but you learned from....DPN 1988.

2 Comments:

Blogger DeafCartoon.com said...

Great letter! You can't believe how inspired I feel. Thank you! I've seen Muhammad Ali once (not met him) in person in Hollywood, when he was standing outside a toy store. It was Christmastime. I'll never forget the awesome presence from him. But despite his intimidating demeanor, he is really a man of great integrity. I hope MSSD students will keep in mind what he stands for, which principles he fought for, and apply these principles to their lives.

Keep the support for MSSD coming! Encourage more of your friends to speak out themselves for MSSD!

- Dan

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miguel Friday here, former Mssd Alum. I love my school and so much it stands for. I remember when DPN begun and what it was about. Some of you were either too young to know or remember. DPN was about Deaf Oppression. We have come a long way to this point to have a person with great skils to lead our University or Deaf community.

So much hatred was bred from this and not one thing is shown of fruitality. How can we as Deaf show we are mature enough, that we have grown a great deal from making strides? I do commend many of you for speaking your voices, but at what cost did we put ourselves back into the stone age? We are total liberalism and are subjected to be role models for others.

I love my schools, both you and Gallaudet. But so much have been going on, so much misunderstanding and too much pride.

Many of you have skills and dreams, Like Dr. Martin Luther King has said, " I have a dream" You have a dream and you are that dream. Use that dream wisely as you get older.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home